There are a number of options available for financial assistance. We encourage you to explore these options and apply for anything that fits your needs.
Daniels Fund Boundless Opportunity Scholarship
The Denver Health Paramedic Division provides 911 emergency medical services to the residents of Denver, Glendale, Sheridan and Englewood and the Skyline Fire Protection District. Through our EMT and Paramedic training programs, Denver Health is building the next wave of healthcare workers.
As an institution, Denver Health sees clear benefit in recruiting non-traditional students so that our workforce reflects the richness of our community. The Boundless Opportunity Scholarships (BOS) are designed to benefit motivated, non-traditional students who recognize the power of education to create a better life for themselves and their families. The program helps hardworking students invest in themselves through continued education.
Denver Health’s Boundless Opportunity Scholarships are intended to support the following student populations seeking to enter or advance in the health care field:
- Veterans seeking a transition point into the civilian sector
- Individuals of Black/African-American, Latin/Hispanic, Native North American or Pacific Islander heritage offering underrepresented cultural perspectives
To be eligible, an applicant must be:
- A citizen or permanent resident of the United States, and a legal resident of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, or Wyoming
- Actively pursuing enrollment in the Denver Health EMT or Paramedic Program
- Able to demonstrate the need for financial assistance to reach their educational goals
The BOS scholarship application consists of an application form, essay, and a panel interview for Paramedic School candidates.
- Application form can be found by clicking here
- Essay - Applicants must submit an essay addressing their interest in the area of Emergency Medical Services (or heath care in general) and how the BOS scholarship will impact their career. The essay must not exceed 500 words.
The EMS Education team will evaluate BOS applications as follows;
- EMT school submissions will be reviewed at the beginning of the school semester for each correlating spring, summer and fall course. Applicants will be awarded scholarships pending this review based on the application with no interview required.
- Paramedic School submissions will be reviewed at the beginning of the school semester for each of the accelerated and yearlong programs. Applicants will be awarded scholarships pending this review with and an interview to be conducted by the BOS team.
Award announcements and declinations will be shared with applicants by the first week of the respective, correlating program.
If awarded, the scholarship must be utilized for the semester or school year immediately following the award announcement.
The Denver Health Foundation, Denver Paramedic Division, Denver Fire Department, the City and County of Denver and the Daniels Fund.
Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
Applicants are strongly encouraged to enroll in the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) grant to further supplement their tuition for the EMS Education Institute.
US Department Of Veterans Affairs
The Denver Health Paramedic School is a US Department of Veteran's Affairs approved school for both the Montgomery GI Bill and the Post 9/11 GI Bill.
Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment CREATE Grant Program
CREATE assists private and public organizations in improving and expanding the emergency medical and trauma system in Colorado. Applicants must have as their purpose the provision of emergency medical and trauma services in Colorado to be eligible. This grant is intended to provide funding for education and training for emergency medical and trauma services.
Bound Tree Medical Legacy Scholarship
Bound Tree Medical has assisted children of EMTs and Firefighters interested in becoming EMTs, or furthering their certification by becoming Paramedics. Scholarships are awarded nationwide for those who fit the eligibility criteria and are interested in pursuing a state approved certification program
There are a number of options available for financial assistance.We encourage you to explore these options and apply for anything that fits your needs.